It might be difficult to determine if a mental health issue led to addiction or if the disorder caused the addiction. But most of the time, mental health issues lead to substance abuse because it’s typical for people to use alcohol and drugs as a form of self-medication for uncomfortable feelings or ideas.
In all honesty, dual diagnosis is a complex and challenging matter to handle. Because one issue might considerably worsen another, thus complicating problems.
Not all rehab centers offer dual diagnosis treatment. Only the best and most genuine facility can address co-occurring disorders effectively.
But how can you find the most genuine rehab center that offers dual diagnosis treatment programs? Here are your pointers.
- A qualified provider of dual diagnosis will have at least one psychiatrist in their pool of experts.
- The rehab center should have evidence-based and clinically successful treatment approaches for mental health and addiction.
- They should provide treatments such as Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT).
- Individual sessions with a knowledgeable physician are essential. A treatment facility that places an overwhelming emphasis on group therapy, which is typically less expensive than individual treatment, is a red flag.
- No matter how extensive and flashy a treatment center’s website may seem, you should not rely completely on it.
- Inquire on-site about the facility’s clinician staff’s training, experience, and understanding of how to properly diagnose and treat patients with dual diagnosis.
- Ensure that the treatment facility uses medication-based treatment, as people with addiction and other issues may require medication to manage symptoms of depression, anxiety, or other mental health illnesses.
- Medical detox services must be available from dual diagnosis treatment centers. Because treating a mental health condition while under the influence of alcohol or drugs is impossible, detox comes first.
- Check the facility if they offer treatment beyond the standard 28-day rehab because dual diagnosis is difficult and requires a long period.
If you’re actively seeking a rehab facility that genuinely offers dual diagnosis treatment programs, Taylor Recovery is here to assist you. It is our commitment to every individual that we will deliver on our promises.
So jumpstart your holistic recovery today. Reach out to one of our specialists. Our helpline is 24/7 – that’s a guarantee.