There are high chances that an individual under addiction also has an underlying mental illness. In many cases, this mental illness is the reason behind their addiction. Such a condition where a person struggles with substance use disorder and underlying mental condition is known as a co-occurring disorder. This can be treated using a dual diagnosis treatment method.
A dual diagnosis treatment aims at resolving both the health issues simultaneously. This type of treatment is necessary because if any one of the issues is left untreated, it can lead to a relapse. Hence, to avoid a relapse and undergo dual diagnosis treatment, you should seek help from the experts at a rehab center.
What Happens in a Dual Diagnosis Treatment?
Dual diagnosis treatment involves:
- Medications that can make the detox phase easier to handle with reduced cravings
- Medications for mental stability, clear thought process, and control anxiety
- Strategies and therapies designed by licensed therapists to address addiction and mental health conditions
- Education regarding both the conditions and how to cope with difficult situations
- Holistic treatment for overall healing
- Group therapy and family therapy for extra support from your loved ones
Other Therapy Options Available
One cannot solely heal based on dual diagnosis treatment. They also need extra assistance in the form of several other therapies like:
- Equine therapy
- Nutrition therapy
- Music therapy
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy
- Art therapy
All these therapies provide an opportunity where you can know yourself and understand your disorders better. These therapies can become tools for you to gain back your control over life. Additionally, these therapies work the best for the betterment of your mental and physical health.
These therapies mixed with the dual diagnosis treatment work as a charm for all those suffering from co-occurring disorders. Above mentioned additional therapies add up to the recovery rate and ensure that you achieve sobriety sooner.
Attend Dual Diagnosis Recovery Program at Texas Rehab
If you are looking for a trustworthy rehab center that can provide dual diagnosis treatment, you need to visit Taylor Recovery in Katy, Texas. Our rehab center offers accurate treatment with additional therapies to help you heal faster. Get in touch with our experts now and begin your journey towards sobriety today!