“It’s not going to be easy, it’s going to be worth it” – Art Williams
At Taylor Recovery Sober Living we understand that true recovery is a life long journey. While the first step on this journey is abstaining from drugs and alcohol, those of us who have first hand experience on this road know that living a sober life in recovery includes much more. While it’s not always an easy road to travel, it’s well worth it when individuals begin to replace insecurity and helplessness with a sense self-confidence and ability, when they begin performing daily tasks that at one time felt so overwhelming, when they begin re-establishing trust in formerly broken relationships, and when they begin to wake each morning with a sense of purpose and a renewed sense of spirit.
This transformation is not an over night matter and it requires self acceptance, compassion, discipline and patience. We also understand that so often individuals who are just getting sober need help with developing the skills and discipline necessary for maintaining recovery, gaining peace of mind, and becoming productive members of their family and community. A balanced life is important and is often a learned skill. This why Taylor Recovery Sober Living has a well-balanced structured weekly activity schedule.
Our weekly activity schedule includes:
- Staff lead morning meditation five days a week.
- Staff lead nightly wrap-up three nights a week.
- Staff lead yoga and meditation twice a week.
- Staff lead anger management group once a week.
- Daily 12 step group meetings both on campus, and in the greater Houston area
encouragement with emphasis placed on working with a sponsor in a residents program of choice.
Because we also understand that part of early recovery requires a change in lifestyle we also provide an environment and activities for residents to experience as a community how life can truly be enjoyable sober.
- Onsite basketball court
- Onsite gameroom with ping-pong, flat-screen television, game console, and game tables
- Onsite dog park
- Onsite outdoor meditation area and fireplace
- Off-site community outings such as surfing, kayaking, beach trips, movies, softball tournaments, museums, etc.
- Sober softball league
We also offer:
- Random UA’s
- Gated community living
- 24/7 Onsite staffing
- 3 meals per day prepared by our chef
- Wifi and cable w/ flat screen tv’s in each apartment
- Pet friendly facility
- Gym membership to Houston Gym
- Free laundry facility on site
- Weekly housekeeping service
- Onsite LCDC therapists
Taylor Recovery Sober Living resident testimonials typically first include a realization that the hard work of recovery begins at the sober living step on their journey. Next they express a deep appreciation for the family they have made with other Taylor community residents, as well as Taylor staff. They also include “ah ha” moments when overcoming previous barriers to recovery. And finally residents express an unshakeable sense of gratitude for their own hard work paying off based on healthy changes they make in their lives, their relationships with family and friends, and their self-esteem and sense of well-being. We are proud of each of our residents, we are proud to be a part of their journey.