If you have already enrolled in a detox program, then you must be aware of the process. The addiction treatment process begins with detox. Here, you need to completely cut off the intake of substances and free your system of all the toxins. If you have been suffering from severe addiction, then you will need a few medications to handle the withdrawal symptoms.
This type of detox is known as medical detox. It plays an important role in helping patients safely detox the substances. Also, to assure better recovery you, need to back it up with therapies.
Therapies to Follow After Detox
Detox is only effective when you follow it up with appropriate evidence-based therapies. Those therapies include:
- Individual therapy
- Group therapy
- Family therapy
- 12-step program
- Cognitive behavioral therapy
Further, you also need to focus on your diet and nutrition to assure better physical health.
Making the Most Out of Detox
If you have enrolled in a detox program, why not make the most out of it? You can do it by following these additional tips:
- Develop healthy and functional relationships with other members in the rehab. You’re likely to meet them again in the future for any community gatherings that might happen.
- Improve communication skills by interacting with multiple individuals in therapy.
- Give your body a break from all the stress. Eat and sleep well to assure better physical health.
- Listen and follow the advice of medical professionals and psychologists. They know your condition and will suggest only that’s better for you.
- Participate in as many therapies and 12-step meetings as you can. These help in learning new coping techniques and understanding each other better.
Follow these tips and make the most out of your detox.
Detox Program at Taylor Recovery
Our detox program at Taylor Recovery has been proven effective for several patients and even the experts approve of it. Why not enroll for it then?