COVID-19 has greatly affected our lifestyles. All of us were forced to stay in our homes and that limited our activities. Sadly, these lockdowns also pushed us more towards alcohol, drugs, and addiction. With many spare hours and very few things to do, many of us resorted to drinking.
This led to a rise in the number of cases of addiction. Fortunately, the situation hasn’t slipped out of our hands yet. We can still choose to do sober and COVID-friendly activities.
Sober Activities for Lockdowns
COVID lockdowns are boring with minimal things to do. However, you can always find some interesting activities that don’t include alcohol. A few of those activities are listed below:
- Participate in or host a virtual arts and crafts night
- Become a member of a book club
- Learn to knit
- Learn to cook
- Bake a cake and share it with your neighbor
- Do a social media detox and get to know yourself better
- Record your dancing videos
- Clean and organize your personal space
- Take a long, refreshing, and relaxing bath
These are just a few suggestions. You can always come up with your creative ideas to enjoy lockdown without alcohol.
How to Remain Sober During Lockdown?
If you have recently recovered before COVID lockdowns, then it must be difficult to stay indoors and divert yourselves from alcohol. Thus, here are some ideas for you to maintain your sobriety and engage in sober activities:
- Participate in virtual Alcoholics Anonymous meetings
- Pray and meditate every morning or at your convenient hour
- Follow the holistic treatment routine at home
- Read a recovery-related book before going to bed every night
- Pay attention and maintain a stable mental health
If you feel these tasks will be difficult to do alone, then you can always ask for support. This can include support from family members, friends, loved ones, etc. However, if you feel you need a more professional approach, you can always consult our experts at Taylor Recovery. We offer to help everyone, no matter the time or day. Just give us a call and we will be there by your side.