Questions to Ask to Identify Addiction and Where to Get Help
Addiction is one of the worst epidemics we’re facing – not just in Houston, Texas, but around the United States of America.
There are millions of Americans who are suffering from substance use disorder daily, and not everyone can get the help that they need. This is our sad reality, and this is why you must get the treatment you need while and if you can.
According to various medical studies, substance use disorders occur “when the recurrent use of alcohol or drugs causes clinically significant impairment and the failure to meet major responsibilities in our daily life.”
Although, the question on everyone’s minds is this: how can we truly identify if a person has an addiction?
Here at Taylor Recovery Center, we value each person, and we want our patients to achieve long-term sobriety. However, the first thing that each individual has to do is identify and diagnose their addiction. This is no easy thing, but it must be done to make the first steps towards a sober lifestyle.
If you or someone you love might be experiencing addiction, then ask these ten questions:
- Are you drinking or using drugs throughout the day?
- Do you feel like using drugs or drinking alcohol makes you feel like you’re out of control?
- Is there any person or family members who have approached you because they feel concerned about your substance use?
- Do you have any feelings of both shame and guilt surrounding your use of drugs and alcohol?
- Have you tried to quit your substance use but feel that you physically and mentally couldn’t?
- Do you sometimes act like you’re the victim when another person approaches you regarding getting the help you need?
- Are you physically dependent on the drugs or alcohol you consume every day?
- Do you plan your life around the use of drugs and alcohol?
- Is there a major change in your behavior due to the drugs or alcohol you use?
- Do you sometimes find yourself lying about your drug or alcohol use?
Answering these questions is key to identifying whether you are addicted to a substance or not. This is the first step towards your journey to addiction recovery, so it is vital.
If you have answered “yes” to these questions, then it might be high time for you to call us at Taylor Recovery Center. We have a beautiful drug rehab facility in the heart of Houston, Texas, and we would be more than happy to welcome you with open arms.
We believe that each person deserves a second chance, and so we want you to transition back into normality with the help of our treatments and therapies. We also have a team of doctors and certified health professionals who will help you in your journey.
Your road to addiction recovery isn’t a journey you have to go through alone, so give us a call today at Taylor Recovery Center if you’re ready to live a healthier and more sober lifestyle.